Chelmer Waterside is a major residential development built on part of a former gasworks site and a gas refining plant, situated on a peninsula surrounded by the River Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation Canal.
The development comprises 420 homes as apartment blocks and low rise housing, with areas of landscaped open space and associated infrastructure.
Previous phases of ground investigation had found concrete foundations and the presence of typical gasworks contamination and waste across the site.
Supplementary ground investigation was undertaken across the site to assist with foundation design and confirm risks to controlled waters and human health. A remediation strategy was designed to take into account the infrastructure and remediation requirements.
JNP Group services provided:
- Technical Review of previous data and report
- Supplementary ground investigation
- Generic Controlled Waters Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Generic Human Health Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Gas Monitoring and Assessment
- Remediation Options Appraisal
- Hazardous Waste Assessment
- Detailed Waste Classification and earthworks volumes
- Design of Remediation Strategy
Project Value: £40k+
Client: Taylor Wimpey East London
Architect: PRP Architects