Fonab Castle Hotel, Pitlochry
JNP Group worked with Edward Architectural Services for the client, J Clark Properties to convert Port-Na-Craig House into a luxury country house hotel with the addition of parkland lodges.
Fonab Castle is a listed Category B building that has been sympathetically converted to accommodate 12 suites and 18 double rooms, along with a 100 cover two-storey restaurant.
Additionally, 36 holiday cottages have been created on this vast woodland estate, situated on the outskirts of Pitlochry on the banks of Loch Faskally in the heart of Perthshire. The building is a fine example of a five storey mansion house in Scottish baronial style, faced in red sandstone.
JNP Group services provided:
- Removal of internal walls on the ground floor to create the large hotel kitchen and installation of a lift.
- All work being undertaken in a sympathetic manner with the minimal disturbance to the existing fabric.
- Considerations to disproportionately collapse parts of the historic six storey building and structural components put in place.
- Open plan steel framed building was converted into suites with new foundations internally to provide the supporting structure for the room layout.
- A challenging two storey glass link between the control room and the main house was then produced in order to create a restaurant and bar taking advantage of the scenic views across the highlands.
Client: J Clark Properties
Architects: Edward Architectural Services