Workington North – Temporary Station
Following the devastating floods in Workington, the main road and pedestrian links across the river were either lost or declared unfit for use.
Network Rail’s response was to build a temporary station and open it to the public within 7 days (!)
JNP Group rose to the challenge by providing structural details and on-site advice and supervision to enable Network Rail to fulfill its promises.
The station was opened as promised at 9.00 am Monday morning.
JNP Group services provided:
- Vital infrastructure work.
- Emergency response due to flooding.
- Temporary station built from scratch.
- Temporary station platforms and temporary footbridge design.
- Network Rail approvals achieved in a short timescale.
- National news coverage (Workington Floods 2009).
Project Value: approx. £400K
Client: Halton Scaffolding