Graduate Engineer – Rail and General Building Structures
Assist in the production of engineering designs in accordance with British Standard design codes and euro codes, regulations, etc. either by hand or by using the appropriate design software for clients, external professionals and regulatory authorities.
- Preparation of detailed designs and calculations for complete buildings and alterations to existing structures.
- Preparation of designs and calculations for buildings and structures in accordance with Network Rail standards and procedures (training will be given).
- Preparation of detailed designs and calculations for temporary works, scaffolding, etc.
- Calculations to be produced by hand and using industry standard software.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Network Rail, Environment Agency, Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Degree or HND/C in Civil/Structural Engineering and/or working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Working experience of Civil and Structural Engineering computer aided design programs (Tedds, Scale and Fastrak).
- Basic use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Use of AutoCAD preferred but not essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: BR-GE-RGBS