Technician – Structures
To prepare civil and structural engineering drawings and details using AutoCAD and other duties depending on ability such as designs, surveys etc. This is a small office and staff will be expected to be flexible in terms of work to be undertaken.
We do not have separate civil/structural teams which allow staff a varied and interesting experience.
- To prepare civil and structural engineering drawings.
- Brief and supervise Junior Technicians and check drawings prepared by others.
- To print drawings for in-house checking and external issue.
- To occasionally attend site to inspect various stages of construction works.
- To occasionally carry out tape and level topographic surveys.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience as a technician and 5 GCSE’s grade A-C, including Maths and English.
Ideally an HNC/HND or similar in an appropriate built environment.
- AutoCAD skills.
- Good knowledge of building structures.
- Some knowledge of highways and drainage.
- Able to carry out tape and level topographic surveys.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage own workload within agreed time scale.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: BR-T-S