Principal Engineer – Civil Infrastructure Master Planning
To manage the Civil Engineering aspects of Master Planning of significant projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments. To negotiate directly with other professionals, authorities and clients and to represent JNP Group at external meetings.
This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression to Associate is assured for the right candidate.
- Manage own workload and that of graduates and control the programmed performance of projects.
- Liaise, negotiate and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Local lead Flood Authorities, Environment Agency, Regional Highway and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and qualifications or equivalent in Civil Engineering Consultancy working to UK standards.
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working experience of FRAs Suds and Pre Planning Advice.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow, HECRAS.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
- Good written and verbal communication and management skills.
- Comply with the requirements of the JNP Quality Assurance system and other Policy Documents.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: CH-PE-CIMP