Senior Engineer – Flood Modelling,
Pre-Planning Civils and Masterplanning
To manage and undertake the Flood Risk and Hydraulic Flood Modelling aspects of Masterplanning significant projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
Optionally, to also undertake pre-planning civil engineering in drainage and site feasibility strategies.
This is a key position within JNP giving the right candidate a significant role in the formulating and shaping of major new developments.
Career progression within this progressive consultancy is assured for the right candidate.
- Form part of the pre-planning consultant team on large, challenging projects; influencing the masterplanning process to incorporate flood risk management and sustainable drainage.
- Undertake hydrological studies using FEH methods and software (principally WINFAP4 and ReFH2).
- Undertake and supervise the production of Flood Risk Assessments, mitigation design and hydraulic modelling (using Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW and HEC-RAS).
- Liaise, negotiate and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Local lead Flood Authorities, Environment Agency, Regional Highway and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Optionally, undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and / or flooding considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques essential.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Supervise junior staff in design and reporting.
Training & Development:
You will be at or nearing chartership with a relevant body commensurate with your academic qualifications (i.e. CIWEM or ICE).
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
- Relevant experience and qualifications or equivalent in Civil Engineering Consultancy working to UK standards, such as ICE or CIWEM
- Working experience of MicroDrainage, Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW or similar 1D-2D hydraulic modelling software.
- Working experience of hydrological software (primarily WINFAP4, and ReFH2).
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Use of GIS software (QGIS) preferred but not essential.
- Working experience of FRAs, SuDS and Pre-Planning civils.
- Optional, working experience of drainage design, and S104 agreements.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- An awareness of commercial frameworks and ability to contribute to fee proposals.
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and management skills.
- Play a key part in a multi-disciplinary pre-planning consultant team
- Comply with the requirements of the JNP Quality Assurance system and other Policy Documents.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: CH-SE-HMMP