Principal/Senior Engineer – Structures
Assist Associates, organise and manage all aspects of structural engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints.
This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Preparation and checking of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Brief and supervise Graduate Engineers.
- Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Represent JNP Group at in-house and external meetings.
- Attend site to inspect various stages of construction works.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards and keep up to date with professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and degree in an appropriate discipline and if not already Chartered working towards becoming professionally qualified with either the Institution of Civil Engineers or Structural Engineers.
- Experience and also ability to assist others to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Clear understanding of UK Building Regulations and codes.
- Familiarity with proprietary design software such as SCIA Engineer, TEDDS, CADS, etc.
- Knowledge of the Site Investigation process.
- Use of Microsoft Office and other administration software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of graduate engineers and technicians.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: CH-SE-S