Trainee CAD Technician – Structure / Civil
Learn how to prepare technical drawings for new construction works; residential estates, commercial developments, hotels, wind farms. You will work as part of an ambitious team to deliver challenging and interesting projects.
This is a great role for someone with the right drive, attitude and ability.
- Learn how to prepare civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- Develop an understanding of engineering principles of highways and drainage.
- Learn specialist drafting and design software; AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Help produce and print packages of engineering drawings and documents for in-house checking and external issue.
- Occasionally attend site with more senior staff to inspect various stages of construction works.
Training and Opportunities for Career Advancement
You will be encouraged to, and will have support provided to work towards a BTEC NC/HNC in Civil Engineering on a day release basis and obtain professional qualifications such as ICE Eng Tech.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
- Not required, however a basic understanding of the functions of Auto CAD.
- An understanding of building structures would be beneficial.
Academic & Professional Qualifications Required:
- Five GCSE’s grade A-C, including Maths and English.
The Innovation Centre, Venture Court (Hub 2), Queens Meadow Business Park, Hartlepool TS25 5TG
If interested, please send your CV to email@example.com and quote the following reference number: HP-TT-KS