Graduate Engineer – Civils
Assist in the production of civil engineering infrastructure design in accordance with British Standard design codes, Regulations, etc. by using the appropriate design software for clients, external professionals and regulatory authorities.
This is a major opportunity for an ambitious person and progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Preparation of detailed drawings and calculations to obtain technical approval for adoptable highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications. Projects will include residential, commercial industrial, educational and Healthcare Schemes.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Represent jnpgroup at meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
Training & Development:
- You will be encouraged to work towards a Professional Qualification commensurate with your Academic Qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training Procedures and Guidance Notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Basic use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: LE-GE-C