Senior Engineer – Geotechnical
Responsible for delivering geotechnical and geo-environmental assessments and design, from desk study through to construction. Assist with all elements of geo-technical design/construction issues, providing technical input within that field as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Working independently on particular aspects of geotechnical design/construction, providing advice to the civils team & clients.
This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Prepare proposals and quotations for Geo-Environmental Site Investigations, Reports and Assessments.
- Assist in business development .
- Manage staff and assist in their training.
- Liaise & communicate with clients and external professionals.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings and in writing and attend site to carry out investigations.
- Control programmed performance of projects within budget.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology, although other disciplines combined with suitable experience may also be acceptable.
You will be or shortly aiming to become a Chartered Engineer with the ICE or a Chartered Geologist with the GeolSoc.
- Able to prepare Desk Study reports and Mining Risk Assessments.
- Design and supervision of ground investigations, organising fieldwork, direction of sub-contractors.
- Familiarity with all ground investigation techniques.
- Logging of soils/rocks to BS5930 / EC7.
- Use of geotechnical databases, such as HoleBASE.
- Use of slope stability applications, such as SLIDE or SLOPE/W.
- Interpretative reporting, including bearing capacity, settlement, pavement design, and foundations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of graduate engineers and technicians.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: LE-SE-G