Trainee CAD Technician
Learn how to prepare technical drawings for new construction works; residential estates, commercial developments, hotels, wind farms. You will work as part of an ambitious team to deliver challenging and interesting projects.
This is a great role for someone with the right drive, attitude and ability.
- Learn how to prepare civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- Develop an understanding of engineering principles of highways and drainage.
- Learn specialist drafting and design software; AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Help produce and print packages of engineering drawings and documents for in-house checking and external issue.
- Occasionally attend site with more senior staff to inspect various stages of construction works.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to, and will have support provided to work towards a BTEC NC/HNC in Civil Engineering on a day release basis and obtain professional qualifications such as ICE Eng Tech.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Five GCSE’s Grade A-C, including Maths and English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: LE-TT-CAD