JNP Group provide expert geotechnical and environmental investigation and advice to a diverse range of clients in construction and industry. This enables us to provide comprehensive and cost effective solutions to development on contaminated and/or poor ground sites, utilising best practice for protection of the environment and inhabitants.
Contaminated Land Investigation, Assessment and Remediation
Contaminated land may present a hazard to the environment and/or human health. We are committed to providing cost effective solutions to the remediation of contaminated land prior to development. Faced with ever changing legislation, clients increasingly rely on our expertise to minimise risk and provide robust and cost effective solutions to their development problems.
Whether you are a landowner, a construction company, a property developer or financial institution JNP Group has the expertise to turn sites viewed as potential liabilities into commercial assets.
JNP Group offer the following services in contaminated land and landfill:
- Walkover surveys and desk top studies.
- Conceptual site model design.
- Ground investigations for geotechnical design and land quality.
- Human health, controlled waters and ecological quantitative risk assessment.
- Ground gas assessments.
- Options appraisal and remediation design.
- Waste classification of soils.
- Verification and validation.
- NQMS support and submissions
- Japanese Knotweed identification and management of treatment options.
JNP Group’s capabilities in this sector are further complimented by Hilary Ilsley, our head of Geo-environmental team in Leamington, who is a registered SiLC and SQP.
The Specialist in land Condition (SiLC) professional qualification was set up by the Land Forum, now the Brownfield Land Forum, to demonstrate an individual’s high degree of experience, competence and skill in the assessment and management of land condition and brownfield regeneration. The SILC qualification is assessed via examination and interview and is recognised industry-wide as a high level of attainment.
The National Quality Mark Scheme (NQMS) was developed by the Brownfield Land Forum to provide visible identification that documents produced, relating to previously used land, have been quality checked by a Suitably Qualified Person (SQP). It provides increased confidence and improved quality of submissions made under regulatory regimes, notably planning applications.
The scheme was launched in January 2017 and is supported by DEFRA, The Ministry of Hosing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), the Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
Each individual report following the NQMS route can be officially declared via the CL:AIRE website and receive an official Quality Mark stamp with a unique reference number. There is an associated declaration fee associated with this, however, the idea is that reports issued via this scheme require less scrutiny by the Regulatory Authorities as they have been checked by a recognised competent person.
We recognise that contaminated land reclamation is much more than the remediation of contaminated soil and water, and so our team is skilled in a wide range of other services, including hydrogeology, sustainable urban drainage systems, infrastructure, flooding, noise reduction, air quality, structural engineering, roads and sewers design.
Additional environmental services provided by JNP Group include:
- Asbestos surveys, investigation and assessments.
- Baseline condition and closure/decommissioning.
- Construction environmental management plans.
- Compliance monitoring.
- Due diligence.
- Environmental permitting applications.
- Environmental impact assessments and environmental statements.
- Hydrogeological assessments.
- Specialist chemical testing.
- Third party review of reports.
- Water supply ground assessments and investigation.
JNP Group have experience of undertaking geotechnical appraisals for a wide range of development types on both greenfield and brownfield sites. Our specialists have experience in the following disciplines:
- Foundation design and analysis.
- Slope stability appraisal and analysis.
- Retaining wall design.
- Earthworks design and specification.
- Ground improvement design.
- In situ CBR testing and interpretation.
- Soakaway testing.
- Testing for the recycling of aggregates.
- Piling foundation risk assessment.
- Tree influence design.
- Coal mining investigation.
For further information on our wide range of Environmental services please contact
Hilary Ilsley: email@example.com or on 01926 889955
For further information on our wide range of Geotechnical services please contact
Daniel Sykes: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01142 443500