- Local management of people, projects and clients reporting through your discipline and office.
- Promote our rail sector services both within and external to JNP Group.
- Preparation of railway technical approval submissions in accordance with NR/L2/CIV/003 and in accordance with Network Rail Company Standards.
- Preparation of civil and structural engineering designs using manual calculations and industry standard software.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Network Rail, Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities etc.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings and in writing when required and attend site to undertake surveys and inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Overseeing the preparation of drawings by technicians.
- Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures.
Training & Development:
- You will ideally have a Professional Qualification commensurate with your Academic Qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training Procedures and Guidance Notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and degree in an appropriate discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body.
Experience of managing a design team and successful track record of delivering projects.
- Conversant with Network Rail Company Standards and Railway Group Standards.
- Working knowledge of relevant British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Depending on discipline; The ability to use industry standard computer software such as Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS, Fasttrack Building Designer, Master Series, S-Frame, GeoSlide.
- PTS & DCCR certification preferred. Training will be given to the right candidate if required.
- Willingness to work occasional weekend and night shifts for the purpose of surveys and inspections.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of your team including graduate engineers and technicians.
- Have a commercial understanding of fee management.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.