- Prepare structural calculations, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Produce construction drawings using CAD.
- Brief and supervise CAD Technicians.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Site inspections/surveys.
Training & Development:
- You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Ability to design in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design.
- A good working knowledge of the following software;
- Fastrak Building Designer
- CSC Structural Office
- RCC Spread Sheets
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: HP-E-S