The role involves leading and managing the Civil Engineering aspects of Appraisal, Planning and Detail Design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
This is a career position in a company committed to staff development. Progression to Associate is assured for the right candidate.
Main Duties (undertake & supervise):
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects.
- Support the training and professional development of team members.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
- Support business development by delivering an exceptional service to clients, building relationships and supporting the local Director in bringing in new work.
Training & Development:
You will be chartered or nearing chartership and will be encouraged to continue your professional development, attending in-house and external training courses, seminars and institution events.
Your development will set out in a career development plan agreed with your director and actioned though our structured appraisal process.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and qualifications or equivalent in Civil Engineering Consultancy working to UK standards.
- Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow (optional), HECRAS (optional).
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
- Strong communication skills with clients and team members.
- Good strategic planning and management skills.
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: BR-PE-C