This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Preparation and checking of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings and in writing when required and attend site to undertake surveys and inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Brief and supervise Graduate Engineers.
- Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
- Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
- Be a Chartered Engineer or Near Chartered Engineer and be a Member of either Institution of Structural Engineer or Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in structural engineering consultancy based in the UK and working to both Eurocode and UK Standards.
- Ability to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Clear understanding of both UK Building Regulations and Eurocodes.
- Conversant with Network Rail Company Standards and Railway Group Standards preferred but not essential.
- A proven track record in the inspection of, analysis and reporting on structural defects and/or remedial works.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English Language both written and verbal, particularly with regard to the production of concise accurate and technically correct reports.
- Familiarity with proprietary design software such as Tekla Structural Designer, S-Frame, TEDDS, SCIA and CADS.
- Knowledge of the Site Investigation process.
- Use of Microsoft Office and other administration software.
- Willingness to work occasional weekend and night shifts for the purpose of surveys and inspections.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of graduate engineers and technicians.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
- Applicants must hold a full driving licence.