This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled business, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
- As appropriate, represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Contribute to project management and control suitable projects.
- Support the training and professional development of team members.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged and given opportunities to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
Your development will set out in a career development plan agreed with your director and actioned though our structured appraisal process.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or similar learned society/professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow (optional), HECRAS (optional).
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
- Strong communication skills with clients and team members.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.