This is a great role for someone with the right drive, attitude and ability. Through our structured career development process, you will be encouraged to progress and develop towards an Engineer role.
- Learn how to prepare civil and structural engineering drawings using AutoCAD. Revit and AutoCAD Civil3D would be seen as a plus.
- Develop an understanding of engineering principles of structures, rail, geotechnics, highways, earthworks and drainage.
- Preparation of site investigation logs utilising AGS Data.
- Learn specialist drafting and design software; AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D and Revit.
- Help produce and print packages of engineering drawings and documents for in-house checking and external issue.
- Assisting Engineers on site works during various stages of construction.
- Organising sub-contractors and booking in of site works for Engineers.
- Organising surveys and obtaining records from statutory bodies, including pre-developer enquiries.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to, and will have support provided to work towards a relevant professional qualification for Civil or Structural Engineering such as a BTEC NC/HNC in Civil Engineering on a day release basis and obtain professional qualifications such as ICE Eng Tech.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or will become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group.
- You will be encouraged to develop your technological skills and learn new software.
Education & Learning Experience:
Minimum of five GCSE’s Grade A-C, including Maths and English.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.