Graduate Civil Engineer
The role involves assisting in the Civil Engineering aspects of Appraisal, Planning and Detail Design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
This is a great opportunity in a business which is large enough to have an established structure and support base but small enough for an ambitious individual to make an impact. Progression is assured for the right candidate with a structured career development plan.
Main Duties (support / undertake):
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
- Where appropriate represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
Training & Development:
- You will be encouraged to work towards a Professional Qualification commensurate with your Academic Qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars and institution events.
- You will be encouraged and given opportunities to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group.
- Your development will set out in a career development plan agreed with your director and actioned though our structured appraisal process.
Education & Learning Experience:
Degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or similar learned society/professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D (optional).
- Basic use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Fundamentals of civil engineering design to a graduate level.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: BR-GE-C