Principal Civil Engineer
This role is within a new dynamic and skilled team, working directly with a Board Director to establish and grow a new region for this well-established UK-wide business. The individual will be supported by the existing business infrastructure while encouraged to grow the local team and client base.
The role involves leading and managing the Civil Engineering aspects of Appraisal, Planning and Detail Design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
This is a career position in a company committed to staff development. Progression to Associate is assured for the right candidate.
Main Duties (undertake & supervise):
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects.
- Support the training and professional development of team members.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
- Support business development by delivering an exceptional service to clients, building relationships and supporting the local Director in bringing in new work.
Training & Development:
You will be chartered or nearing chartership and will be encouraged to continue your professional development, attending in-house and external training courses, seminars and institution events.
Your development will set out in a career development plan agreed with your director and actioned though our structured appraisal process.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and qualifications or equivalent in Civil Engineering Consultancy working to UK standards.
- Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow (optional), HECRAS (optional).
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
- Strong communication skills with clients and team members.
- Good strategic planning and management skills.
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: BR-PE-C