Principal / Senior Engineer – Civils
To manage significant infrastructure projects from technical design and detailing through to implementation in housing, commercial and industrial developments. To negotiate directly with other professionals and clients and to represent JNP Group at external meetings.
This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Preparation of detailed drawings and calculations to obtain technical approval for adoptable highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications including S38 and S278 for highways and S104, S106 and S98 etc for sewerage. Projects will include residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Drawings to be produced using AutoCAD Civil 3D. Calculations to be produced using industry standard software i.e. WinDes by MicroDrainage.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to enhance your professional qualifications commensurate with your academic qualifications and working experience.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience to UK standards is key to these positions. A degree or HNC/D in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and having or working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body also desirable.
- Use of Auto Cad Civil 3D preferred but not essential. Training will be provided.
- Good working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing.
- Good working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of graduate engineers and technicians.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: CH-PSE-C