Senior/Principal Transport Planner
JNP’s Transport Team works on a range of multi-disciplinary projects with a focus to grow the Transport Planning department.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with the opportunity to progress within the company.
- Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements/Strategies
- Preparation of Travel Plans as well as Travel Plan Coordination
- Preparation of outline highways drawings
- Management of small and medium scale projects
- Staff mentoring
- Liaison with clients/contractors and local / national authorities as required
- Working collectively with other technical disciplines
- Assist with other traffic/transport related tasks required by your line Manager
- Exposure to project management and communication and client communication
Training & Development
You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience
- Degree in applicable subject
- Must have experience in Transport Planning working to UK standards
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Transport Planning / Engineering
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office software packages
- Good levels of numeracy, including a good understanding of spreadsheets.
- Use of AutoCAD
- Preliminary design of junction design, signal design and mitigation schemes
- Working experience of ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Articulate and numerate
- Self-motivated and ability to manage own workload
- Good Team Player
- Ability to work to JNP standards and QA System
- Be approachable and professional when dealing with colleagues and external clients
- You will be encouraged to advance within the jnpgroup. Advancement depends on ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career in Consulting Engineering.
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Discounts, Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Pension, Cash Plans (after qualifying period)
- 24 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Buy/sell annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Membership of relevant institutions paid (i.e. CIHT, ICE)
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: CH-TP-SP