Graduate Transport Planner / Transport Planner
JNP’s Head Office in Chesham works on a range of multi-disciplinary projects with a focus to grow the Transport Planning department.
We are looking for a graduate with a genuine enthusiasm for Transport Planning to join our team. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Our Transport team undertakes development planning work, providing advice to private sector and local authority clients on access and transportation issues and supporting development proposals through the planning process. The team works closely with our Infrastructure Design, Structures and Geo-environmental teams on larger multi-disciplinary development proposals.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with the opportunity to progress.
- Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements/Strategies
- Preparation and presentation of technical data and drawings
- Assistance in preparation of reports and calculations
- Preparation of Travel Plans as well as Travel Plan Coordination
- Preparation of outline highways drawings
- Management of small and medium scale projects
- Liaison with clients/contractors and local / national authorities as required
- Briefing Technicians in the production of drawings and models
- Working collectively with other technical disciplines
- Assist with other traffic/transport related tasks required by your Line Manager Awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to assist in ensuring that these are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
- Degree/working towards degree in applicable subject
- Must have experience in Transport Planning working to UK standards
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Transport Planning / Engineering
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office software packages
- Good levels of numeracy, including a good understanding of spreadsheets.
- Use of AutoCAD
- Working experience of ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Articulate and numerate
- Self-motivated and ability to manage own workload
- Good Team Player
- Be approachable and professional when dealing with colleagues and external clients
- You will be encouraged to advance within the JNP Group. Advancement depends on ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career in Consulting Engineering.
- Commercial awareness
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: GTP-TP-CH