Principal/Senior Traffic and Transport Engineer
The successful candidate will be required to develop a regional team and will be responsible for providing technical input into projects and undertaking business development duties. You will be providing transport inputs relating to clients’ development proposals and will work towards solutions which are acceptable to all stakeholders and will require you to exercise your technical knowledge.
Applicants should have the commitment, drive and determination to succeed in this senior role.
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief
- Experience of preparing and man the management of Transport Assessments
- Extensive experience working for private clients
- Experience preparing fee proposals
- Management and mentoring of junior team members, including workload
- Business development
- Project meetings and site visits
- Develop new and existing client relationships
- Carry out traffic modelling using appropriate software packages
- Preparation of outline and highways design drawings
- Manage and oversee the work of support staff
- Represent JNP Group at meetings with clients and approving authorities
- To work as part of a team delivering high quality transport planning, modelling and technical reports and (where necessary) engineering designs/drawings
- Reporting to an Associate, you will have to opportunity to lead your own projects and/or work within multidisciplinary teams on larger proposals to administer, produce and deliver projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining high technical performance standards.
- You will provide multi-faceted advice ranging from initial pre-acquisition feasibility studies, to strategic advice, Local Plan site promotion, to preparation of outline & detailed planning application reports (including Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans, Environmental Statement Transport Chapters, preliminary access/junction improvement designs), to discharge of planning conditions and planning appeals.
Education & Learning Experience:
- Degree/HND in appropriate ‘built environment’
- Membership of ICE or IHT or similar society/professional body
- Must have experience in Civil/Traffic & Transportation Consulting working to UK standards and proven experience of managing support staff
- Must have working knowledge and experience of using AutoCAD
- Working experience of ARCADY, PICARDY and LINSIG
- Working experience of OSCADY and TRANSYT would be an advantage.
- Basic use of Microsoft Office software packages.
- Experience in Road Safety Audits
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to write clear and concise reports in English
- Ability to manage own workload and that of the team
- Ability to supervise and manage the workload of Graduate Engineers and Technicians
- Ability to work on your own initiative and motivate others
- Be approachable and professional when dealing with colleagues and external clients