Graduate Engineer – Structures
JNP Group are looking for a new Graduate / Graduate with two to three years’ experience to join the structures department for our expanding regional office which offers excellent opportunities for career development with the growth of the business.
The role comprises the production of structural calculations and technical drawings in accordance with British Standard design codes, Eurocodes, Building Regulations and Network Rail standards either by hand or by using the appropriate design software for clients, external professionals and regulatory authorities.
This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Prepare of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Liaise and communicate with the Structures design team, other disciplines and external clients.
- Deliver work to agreed timeframes and specification.
- Check structural calculations and drawings.
- Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals.
- Represent JNP at external meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards a Professional Qualification commensurate with your Academic Qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training Procedures and Guidance Notes’
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body.
- Ability to design basic structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber is desirable.
- Understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design.
- Familiarity with proprietary design software.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Basic use of Microsoft Office and other administration software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: SH-GE-S