Senior Engineer – Civils/Structures
Assist Associates to plan, organise and manage all aspects of engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints.
This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Supervision of the preparation of detailed drawings and calculations to obtain technical approval for adoptable highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications including S278 for highways and S104, S106 etc. for sewerage. Projects will include residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Drawings to be produced using AutoCAD Civil 3D. Calculations to be produced using industry standard software i.e. WinDes by MicroDrainage.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques would be advantageous.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
- You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the ‘Continuing Professional Development’ requirements of:
- JNP Group’s QA System – ‘Training procedures and guidance notes’.
- The training requirements of the professional body to which you are (or become) affiliated.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy within JNP Group. Advancement will depend on your ability to demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to a career with JNP.
Education & Learning Experience:
Relevant experience and degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body.
However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Ability to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Clear understanding of UK Building Regulations & NHBC requirements.
- Experience with proprietary design software.
- Basic use of AutoCAD.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage, WinDES.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and resources within agreed time scales.
- Ability to manage the workload of graduate engineers and technicians.
- Act professionally in the interests of JNP Group.
Please use the following reference number when applying.
Ref No.: SH-SE-CS