Chelmer Waterside is a major residential development built on the site of a former gasworks and refining plant, on a peninsula surrounded by the River Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation Canal. It provides 430 homes as apartment blocks and low rise housing, with areas of landscaped open space and associated infrastructure.
Previous phases of ground investigation had found concrete foundations and the presence of typical gasworks contamination and waste across the site.
JNP Geo undertook additional, comprehensive ground investigation and monitoring to assist with foundation design and confirm risks to controlled waters and human health. A remediation strategy was designed to take into account the infrastructure and remediation requirements. JNP Geo undertook full remedial validation
Project Value: £50m
Client: Taylor Wimpey East London
Design Services Provided
- Technical Review of previous data and report
- Supplementary ground investigation
- Generic Controlled Waters Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Generic Human Health Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Gas Monitoring and Assessment
- Remediation Options Appraisal
- Hazardous Waste Assessment
- Detailed Waste Classification and earthworks volumes
- Design of Remediation Strategy