While on your placement with us, you will work alongside our skilled team, providing valuable support and you can either work in one specific discipline or chose to gain experience across each of the disciplines.
Office locations and disciplines:
- Amersham – Structures
- Brighouse – Structures, Rail, Civils, Traffic and Transport
- Bristol – Civil, Structures
- Glasgow – Civil, Structures
- Hartlepool – Civil, Structures
- Sheffield – Civil, Structures, Geo, Traffic and Transport
- Warwick – Civil, Structures, Geo
When applying please confirm the location and discipline you would like to be considered for or if you would like experience across multiple disciplines.
JNP is a small-medium sized consultancy and as such exposure to interesting and challenging work is guaranteed as is the opportunity to make a real impact.
As an engineer with JNP, you will be highly motivated and committed to the delivery of high-quality engineering schemes for our clients.
- Assist in the production of technical drawings using AutoCAD, Civil 3D and REVIT.
- Assist in the production of Calculations, from scheme design by hand to specific specialist modelling software and 3D finite element analysis and design packages.
- Assistance in the preparation of assessments and technical reports.
- Working within the JNP team to solve challenging engineering issues.
- Liaison with clients, other consultants and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage Authorities etc.
- Attending site visits and team meetings.
- Be studying a relevant degree to the placement position.
- Basic working knowledge of AutoCAD (preferred not essential).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word etc.
- Working appreciation of relevant engineering principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team.