JNP Group is aware of the adverse effects that our activities can have on the local, regional and global environment. Our Operations can directly or indirectly result in emissions to air and water and the generation of waste.
It is our aim to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and to operate in an environmentally responsible manner. Environmental management is integral to our vision and performance as a company and we are committed to the continual and effective improvement of our environmental performance.
Environmental management is everyone’s responsibility and a prime responsibility at all levels of management. Our employees are required to give their full co-operation and support at all times to help us implement our policy and achieve our objectives.
The objectives of our policy are:
- As a minimum standard to comply with all applicable environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- To reduce the generation of general and special wastes.
- To prevent pollution or emissions which may be harmful to the environment.
- To ensure environmental considerations are taken into account in all purchasing decisions.
- To ensure the efficient use of energy and water and reduce our consumption to the lowest practicable level.
- To wherever possible, ensure the segregation, re-use and recycling of waste.
- To ensure that environmental considerations are taken into account when selecting and monitoring third parties we may use in connection with our business.
- To minimize the effects of our activities on our neighbours.
- To ensure effective communication and cooperation with employees and third parties and ensure they are aware of our environmental management expectations.
- To provide suitable and sufficient environmental information, instruction, training and supervision to enable our employees to carry out their jobs competently and responsibly with regards to the environment.
JNP Group provide adequate human and financial resources to implement our policy and ensure that it is properly communicated and understood.
We aim to encourage initiative and adopt best practice in a culture where employees and managers are aware of their responsibilities for the environment and are actively engaged and committed to improving standards of environmental management.
As part of our continuing programme of developing and improving our performance we will regularly review our policy at least annually, to ensure its suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
This environmental policy is communicated and available to all staff via the company intranet, is published on our website and is available upon request to all relevant parties.
SIGNED BY THE EXECUTIVE WITH OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENVIRONMENT:
Date: January 2021