JNP Group acted. as Geo Environmental Consultants for a new housing development at this former garage site, to provide 58 dwellings with underground car parking
JNP Group undertook ground investigation, designed a remediation strategy and supervised the validation work to decontaminate the site. The Made Ground at the site had been impacted with metallic and hydrocarbon contamination from underground tanks; isolated areas of asbestos were also been identified.
During the investigation work, the underground fuel tanks were found to have leaked into the surrounding natural ground of the Kempton Park Gravel Formation. Further investigation was undertaken to delineate the extent of this hydrocarbon plume.
Contaminated Made Ground and the hydrocarbon impacted natural ground was removed off site and transferred to a soil treatment facility, negating the need for capping layers in the areas of private gardens and public open space.
3D modelling of the soils on site by JNP, allowed the reuse of inert soils to execute the finished levels.Following regulatory approval to this, the importing of clean fill from offsite was avoided.
Client : Linden Homes
Geo Environmental Services Provided
- Several phases of intrusive ground investigation
- Delineation of hydrocarbon plume
- Generic human health and controlled waters risk assessment
- Gas risk assessment
- Refinement of conceptual site model
- Remediation strategy
- Liaison and negotiation with the Environmental Agency, London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames and NHBC.
- Validation of the site post remediation